There are a number of controversies and issues that exist among practitioners in the human services field. These issues are complex and varied and include everything from which populations should be served, to what to do about welfare, to beginning and end of life decisions.
From your Reading and your own research, please respond to the following questions:
- Describe Jansson’s five moral values involved with social welfare policies, giving examples of questions presented by each.
- Choose one of these values and, using the internet and the Kaplan Library, find a current or proposed social policy that reflects that value.
- Describe this policy and how you see it as impacting or representing that moral value. Do you agree with the policy? Do you think it is effective? Why or why not?
- Choose one of the controversial issues described in the text and research the issue.
- Discuss both the positive and negative sides of this issue, supporting your arguments with your research.
- Please select a different issue than has already been discussed by your classmates and be sure to expand on the information included in the text.
preview of the answer..
The essence of social welfare is to provide relief to those citizens who need help. The terms and kinds of support depend on the state or country affected. In the United States, social welfare services are charged with the roles of housing, rehabilitation late life services among everything else that citizens of the country need. However, due to the nature of the services, some controversies arise involving how, why, who among other questions, should be served. The paper will begin with pointing out the five moral values suggested by Jansson about social welfare and then narrow down to one value and explain using an example…
APA 606 words
We help you get your homework done on time. We also give you access to thousands of pre-written essays.
Need help or have a question? Use the chat button below for a speedy response OR .