Use The Article attached to answer the questions below.
1. What are your thoughts on the economical approach to a needs assessment?
2. How would you address the paradox described in the following quote: “Without a substantial increase in resources, assessment of needs, however it is undertaken, becomes an almost meaningless exercise, since the services and support required by the population will not be available (p.727)?” Why bother with a needs assessment if we never intend to meet the needs of our population?
3. Billings and Cowley (1995) believe using a case study approach to gather needs information will solve many of the issues around community profile needs assessment. Do you agree? Why or why not?
4. What are your thoughts on community data sharing (sharing of data between local agencies such as medical, law enforcement, social services, schools, etc.)? What impact might data sharing have on our ability to conduct proper needs assessments with limited resources?
5. How can you take what you have learned about needs assessments in the health field and apply it to other evaluative areas? Is what Billings and Cowley (1995) consider the best approach for community health needs assessment the best approach for needs assessments in other fields? Why or why not?