For this discussion, imagine that you are designing a 4-hour leadership development training session. Identify specific learning objectives for your training session. Conduct an Internet search to identify the types of games and business simulations that are available. Select one game or business simulation appropriate for your audience and learning objectives. Provide a brief description, detailed rationale, and thorough analysis of the game or business simulation as it pertains to your specific audience and learning objectives. Do not simply cut and paste from the Internet source.
Your initial post should be 250 to 300 words. Use this week’s lecture as a foundation for your initial post. In addition to the Blanchard and Thacker (2013) text, use at least one additional scholarly source to support your discussion.
Respond to at least two other posts regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your reply, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from the posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your initial discussion thread and your classmates’ postings?
- Ask each other questions about why the specific game or simulation was selected.
- How does the chosen game or simulation apply to other situations?
- What are the differences or similarities in the specific game or simulation you selected compared to those identified by others?
- Analyze your classmates’ chosen game or simulation. Do you agree or disagree with the choice? Why or why not? Provide examples where possible.
- What are the differences or similarities in the learning content objectives for your training session compared to those identified by others?
Your reply posts should be a minimum of 150-250 words each.