1) Minimum 5 full pages (No word count per page)- Follow the 3 x 3 rule: minimum three paragraphs per page
Part 1: minimum 1 page
Part 2: minimum 4 pages
Submit 1 document per part
All paragraphs must be narrative and cited in the text- each paragraph
Bulleted responses are not accepted
Don’t write in the first person
Don’t copy and paste the questions.
Answer the question objectively, do not make introductions to your answers, answer it when you start the paragraph
Submit 1 document per part
3)****************************** It will be verified by Turnitin (Identify the percentage of exact match of writing with any other resource on the internet and academic sources, including universities and data banks)
********************************It will be verified by SafeAssign (Identify the percentage of similarity of writing with any other resource on the internet and academic sources, including universities and data banks)
4) Minimum 3 references (APA format) per part not older than 5 years (Journals, books) (No websites)
All references must be consistent with the topic-purpose-focus of the parts. Different references are not allowed.
5) Identify your answer with the numbers, according to the question. Start your answer on the same line, not the next
Q 1. Nursing is XXXXX
Q 2. Health is XXXX
6) You must name the files according to the part you are answering:
Part 1: Community Nursing
According to the Social ecological model:
1. Explain the planning process of community health improvement.
Part 2: Community Nursing
Lorrie is 16 years old and 75 pounds overweight. Her father is a school bus driver who was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Her mother works for a sewing company. She is overweight with high LDL levels. She is taking two antihypertensive medications at present time. At a recent health science fair at Lorrie’s school, a student-led screening clinic documented Lorrie’s blood pressure at 140/92 mm Hg. The family immigrated from Honduras 5 years ago and they do not have health insurance.
During health science fair, the following data was recorded: 55% of the students with BMI 25.0 to <30 and 15% of the students with BMI 30.0 or higher.
Consider yourself a community health nurse.
1. Introduction (1 /2 page)
2. Is obesity a major health issue in the United States?
According to the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NCHS, CDC; BRFSS, 2012):
3. How is obesity defined?
4. What is your role as a community nurse? (Write in the first person)
5. What risk factors should be explored for Lorrie’s family for cardiovascular disease?
6. Mention social determinants of health in this case and
a. Incorporate the concepts of health promotion and risk reduction.
7. Selec and apply an of the behavioral change models to address health promotion and risk reduction in this case and explain it
a. Explain why you selected these model
Public health nurses use statistics to demonstrate the need for obesity program development and community interventions. According to the most recent CDC data:
8. What data were identified about obesity in children and adults?
9. Is there a necessity of planning a community nursing intervention? (Write in the first person)
a. How will you do that?
b. Will you work alone or in collaboration/teamwork?
c. Will you look for funding? How?
If you decide to do a community intervention.
10. How would you evaluate the community-level intervention(s)?
11. Will you use social marketing to change health behaviors or beliefs, social or cultural norms, or community standards to improve health or benefit society. Which resources will you use?
12. Mention 3 research studies that support any of the above
13. Conclusion (1/2 page)