For this assignment, you must write a paper that indicates the importance and impact of performing vulnerability assessments that includes the design for a vulnerability assessment procedure that includes an evaluation of industry tools that can assist in the process, electronic evidence collection, data analysis, and reporting.
Your paper should address the following:
- Introduction that states the purpose of the paper as part of the risk management plan.
- Overview of the relevance of auditing and evaluating the current state of the network and systems. Include references on the impact of attacks that justifies the importance of following a proactive approach to risk management by performing vulnerability assessments.
- Process for collecting electronic evidence. Illustrate a recommended procedure to gather and review evidence.
- Explain the importance and relevance of capturing network traffic to identify weak spots or network gaps to delineate a course of action to mitigate risks. These tasks are supported by tools. Discuss different types of SIEM, network analysis tools, and vulnerability assessment products.
- Best SIEM products used in terms of:
- Operating systems coverage
- Wide coverage of network devices (such as Cisco)
- Ability to provide a desktop and web management console
- Provision of an advanced intelligence engine of forensic module
- Ease of use for log management
- Easier reporting capabilities
- Procedure and flowchart to perform a vulnerability assessment.
Length: 7 page academic paper
References: Minimum of 6 scholarly resources, not more than 5 years old (very important)
The completed assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Include a plagiarism report.