Logic gates are the basic building blocks of any digital system. It is an electronic circuit that has at least one input and only one output. In this discussion let’s discuss logic gates and how the combination of these logic gates can be used to implement the functioning of real-world applications.
Answer the following:
- Is the NOR gate a universal gate?
- What does an invert bubble at the input of a logic gate mean? (Hint: Active High or Low)
- Consider the following statement “A car alarm will sound if the door is open or the window is open”
- Translate that statement into a logic diagram. Use ‘A’ as the input from the car door and ‘B’ as the input from the car window.
- Can you think of other statements that can be translated to logic circuits?
- Discuss the statement “Translating logical statements into logic circuits.”