|NSP1103: Communication in Nursing
Imagine that Lynette follows up with you shortly after reading your views on leadership and collaboration. Her email says the following:
Thanks for sending me your thoughts last week on the diversity issue at the clinic. Your next step is to select professionals who can help you in this project and prepare an introduction of the project for a first meeting with them.
I want you to prepare a presentation to serve as a brief (but packed) introduction for your first meeting with a group of 4–5 members that will constitute the committee tasked with addressing the diversity issue. I will review your presentation (where you identify the characteristics that you are looking for in group members) to help recruit them for you. The presentation should use 6–8 slides with detailed speaker’s notes so I can understand your approach. There’s not a lot of time or space, so keep things pretty high level. Do the following:
- Briefly outline the project goals as you see them, and highlight a couple of the initial priorities to be addressed by the group and why they are important.
- Explain the composition of the team and why you chose them. Note that you will not know the exact individuals, but assume we will get you the people with the qualities and characteristics that you outline in the presentation. Consider the following:
- They will need to be a group of professionals that you believe can help you define the problem and ultimately make recommendations on how to address it.
- Each member needs to be either trained in, be sensitive to, or have experience with the concept of workplace diversity.
- Give some thought to having some members from outside the organization.
- Provide member profiles: diversity, qualifications, experience, internal versus external, et cetera.
- Explain your role and describe how the group will work together and achieve effective interprofessional collaboration.
- Describe how the group will communicate. How and when will they meet?
- How will ideas be shared and decisions be made?
- What are roles, group function, and structure?
- Describe the basic characteristics of a diverse workplace.
- Provide a convincing argument regarding the benefits of a diverse workforce using support from current research.
has a team of professional who are highly experienced and skilled to deliver custom essay papers on at a very low price. Our experts also offer , case study writing, report writing, etc at a cheap price.